Photobucket

Hello sunshine.

Hi, the name's Dahiyah.
Not much of a story-teller, but the stories could be enticing.
Just simple and plain,
Not anything hip or exciting.
But hey, maybe the world needs simple and plain.
Might not be enough for you,
But it is for me. (:

Who's there?

smile Pictures, Images and Photos
peeking in

Indulging

Photobucket


Blabber



Leftovers




Saturday, March 13, 2010
Box


How do I change my state of mind?

Im trapped in a dark small box and I dont know how to get out. My mom made a hole on my box. The sparce rays lighted up my dim box and I can see outside. She wants me to see outside. But Im still stuck, not sure how to get out, how to run to it. Friends poke more holes on my box. My box became brighter and the temptation of the outer world made me wanna break free. But Im scared, scared of getting out of my safe little box, scared that it would be the wrong choice. Teachers, relatives, family friends made more and more holes on my box. I sit in the corner of my box, touching the edges of the little holes, staring at the outer world. My box is as bright as ever, the light touching my skin. Im afraid of the outer world. Afraid of failing, regretting. Of never being able to turn back. But I need to break free, everybody has done their best, giving me every hope to break free, believing I can break free. It is all up to me.


I am worried about my future, of what I will become. This phase of life is what I have feared the most ; making a choice. My own future lies in my hands. So what is it that I wanna do? I dont know ):

My mom sat on her chair and was doing her work. I felt down and scared so I went to her. I sat on the floor and lay my head on her lap. She advised me, and for that half an hour, she did all the talking and I just looked and listened, not saying a word, my eyes watery. I was struggling inside, struggling so much with myself. "What do you want, Aisyah? What is it that you are passionate for?" Mak said. And I kept quiet, still struggling, my tongue empty because I didnt have an answer.

It seems that everyone has faith in me. Everyone says Im going to do well. Everyone believes I can excel. But to be very honest, I dont believe in myself. Im being very honest and direct here. You all might think Dahiyah will be fine, what crap is she talking about here. But this is what I feel, deep inside. The competition is like crazy out there, Im scared Ill drown. You think Im confident? I sometimes would like to think that to -- but I know myself well enough to say that I can easily be overshadowed my many. Friends, I might seem fine and confident around you. But that's around YOU. You havent seen me in the outer world.

Frankly, my self-esteem is low at times, quite fragile and vulnerable. I get easily disappointed when Im not proud of myself, when I look at other people better than me. How do I carry myself like those people? I want to be one of them -- just like them. But I know, I am me, Dahiyah Aisyah. I am not them, I am different and special in my own way. But still, I cant fight this emotion and that is why I say Im struggling.

I am not being emo or whatever here, I am being honest, of how I really do feel. I am scared of making choices. But my mom says, there are no right or wrong choices. Its what you make out of your choice and I know thats true. I just need to believe it.

Somehow to me, other people's opinion matters. But if everyone else's opinion matters, does mine matter? One of my curse is that I try so hard to please everyone. And now, I feel that everybody is expecting the best out of me. Expectations, expectations. But what if their expectations does not make me feel happy? I know I should follow my own expectastions. But what if the only way to make me happy is to follow other people's expectations? I am confused, I am scared, what am I to do.

But I believe I have passion in sciences. I love Biology and I love knowing the explanation to everything that is happening inside my body and around us. So atleast Ive narrowed down to sciences right?

Medicine?
Dentistry?

Im thinking of these 2 choices. My mom says I should do foundation first and learn the basics and from there I can choose -- I still have time. True, true. Im thinking of being a pediatrician. A doctor who deals with kids, because I absolutely adore kids. So im thinking of options.

All I need now, is to believe.


I take a deep breath, bismillah. I gather up all my strength and faith and leap out of the box. It opened immediately.I rub my eyes and saw the brightest light of all. I walk into it and absorb the light in me. InsyaAllah, this is what I will be doing.



2 Comments


Cup of Coco

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square hole. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

Calendar


Beatbox ♪♪♪


Fellas

Afifah Zaki
Aiman Hakim
Aisyah Nasaruddin
Athirah Shamsulkamal
Dayana Syafiqah
Dayang Maani
Dinie Syafira
Eila Nasir
Ernisha Saib
Fara Waheeda
Farrah Huda
Hafiz Fikri
Hafizul Aimran
HijabStyle
Hoo Sze Ting
Iylia Darweena
Keisha Mustaffa
Ker De Sheng
Muhamad Saufi
Muna Syahirah
Murtadha Zainal
Nabilah Syazwani
Nadiah Shah
Naziha Yaakob
Nicholas Keevan
Niena Azman
Noramira Nozmi
Nurdini Izni
Omar Mahdzan
Nur Khairani Hariri
Nur Shahida Rahman
Nur Syafiqah Sulaiman
Nur Syahirah Sulaiman
Raja Puteri Nursyamira
Sakinah Abd Rahim
WhortleBerries